Trying to lose weight can be stressful and tiring especially if you are not getting the desired result. And this usually happens if the right method and some certain precautions are not put in place then it seems to be an impossible task.
The interesting thing is that just little amount of weight loss will have a great impact on the general wellbeing which includes:
- Reduce the risk of heart disease
- Blood sugar level will be in control
- Reduce joint pain and inflammation
- Minimize the risk of cancer
- Improve youthfulness
There are different natural ways you can indulge in to suit your lifestyle, and with consistency, your desired goal will be met.
Practice Water Therapy
Water is the most essential element of the body, it participates in the perfect functioning of the different organs of the body. The most convenient and best way to lose weight is by going through water therapy. It is calorie-free and in turn, helps to burn out calories from the body. It boosts metabolism and suppresses hunger. These benefits will not be met if the right step is not taking. The steps and precautionary measures involve in water therapy for weight loss are:
- Water should be taken first thing in the morning on empty stomach. About 400-600ml of clean drinking water should be consumed.
- It is advisable not to take anything till after 30-45 mins of taking water.
- Then, you can proceed to enjoy breakfast
- Continue to enable you are well hydrated for the rest of the day with water or flavored water.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, caffeinated beverages, and highly sweetened drinks, this will enable a better result.
Embrace Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting is a popular eating pattern that involves cycling between period of eating and fasting. People practice intermittent fasting to enhance weight loss, and other health benefits which include, promote brain function, control blood sugar levels, maintain improve heart health, decrease cholesterol, and boost longevity.
Restricting your meal to a strict time window will naturally decrease your intake of calories, boost fat burning and metabolism, and reduce insulin levels, which subsequently maximize weight loss.
Intermittent fasting can be done in different method, depending on the pattern of eating that is convenient by you.
- Time-restricted fasting: with this, you choose an eating window every day. Also known as the 16/8 method which involves fasting every day for 14-16 hours and restricting daily eating window to 8-10 hours. You can fit in two, three, or more meals within the eating window.
- Alternate-day fasting or every other day diet is a popular approach to weight loss. Here, people fast every other day by consuming a few calorie needs or no-calorie at all on fasting day and normal eating on non-fasting days.
- The 5:2 Diet involves eating normally 5 days of the week while restricting your calorie intake 500 for women and 600 for men for the other 2 days of the week.
- Eat Stop Eat involves a 24 hour fast once or twice per week. This is done by fasting from dinner from the first day until the next day dinner. This can be done for lunch to lunch as well as breakfast for breakfast.
Practice the Right Eating Habits
When trying to lose weight, the right eating habit that can help is to cut down the amount of calories in your food. You tend to consume fewer calories by going with the right portion size of food. The right portion size should contain 50% of vegetables and fruits, 25% protein, and 25% carbohydrates.
The following dietary habits have been proven to help in weight loss:
- Include fruits and vegetables in your meal
- Decrease calorie intake
- Reduce frequency of snacks
- Reduce desserts and fried food.
Aside from dieting, exercise is one of the common strategies employed by those trying to lose weight and keep fit. Exercise plays a vital role in weight loss when performed on a regular basis as it helps burn calories and builds muscles.
A lot of other health benefits accompany regular exercising like prevention of heart diseases, controls sugar level, improves mood, benefits bone health, improves youthfulness, and many chronic diseases.
Best exercising that help in weight loss are;
Walking: Physical exercise like walking can’t be overlooked because it helps you burn calories. Simple taking a brisk walk of 30 minutes can help you burn about 150 calories.
Running/ Jogging: These are effective form of cardio workout that can help you lose weight and belly fat. It also helps build muscle, improve aerobic fitness, reducing your risk of chronic diseases.
Cycling: Cycling or bicycling is often recommended for weight loss because it is easier on your joints than running. You can cycle for long distances at low resistance, or ride over a hill for higher resistance over a short period of time. The number of calories burn during cycling depends on your current body weight, how vigorously you cycle, and the duration it takes to complete the exercise. Cycling works more on the lower body like belly, waist, and thigh.
Swimming: Like other types of cardiovascular exercises, swimming helps you burn calories and lose weight. During swimming extra resistance is created, more muscles were build-up, and you are also burning more calories. It gives you a full-body workout, by involving the upper body, lower body, and the core at the same time. Swimming also improves flexibility and lowers cholesterol.
Get Enough and Quality Sleep
Do you know that the body burns some calories during sleep? Sleeping is not an inactive state as many people think. During sleep the body is doing a lot of important work; cells and tissue repair, immune system is restored, rebooting the network of the brain to enable physical and mental activeness. During these processes, a lot of calories are burned down.
Not getting enough quality sleep is a major risk factor for increased hunger and calorie intake which contributes to weight gain and a higher likelihood of obesity.
Getting 7-9 hours of sound sleep each night will enable burning of more calories, help avoid fatigue and daytime sleepiness, and stay metabolically healthier.