Herbal Tea for Weight Loss
Herbal tea is an infusion or blend of any part of edible plant, this part of edible plant can be flowers, fruits, bark, roots, seeds, spices and leaves. Herbal tea is made by boiling and stepping herbs. Technically, herbal tea is not a true tea because its origin is not from Camellia sinensis; the plant used to create black, oolong, green and white teas.
Herbal tea is a famous medicine to heal countless ailments and afflictions. These herbs have a variety of health benefits which can be benefited by taking them as beverage. Every herbal tea has a unique flavors and tastes, which can be categorized into sweet teas from fruit or berries, bitter teas mostly from leaves bark and roots and aromatic teas from flowers all infused with their various medicinal values.
Chamomile is a daisy-like plant of the family Asteraceae. Two of the species are applicable in traditional medicines; German chamomile (Matricaria recutita) and Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile). Chamomile tea is herbal infusion made from its dried flower and hot water. Its calorie free drink and is best taking before bedtime.
Benefits of Chamomile Tea
- Soothes and help promote sleep
- Boost immune system, eases anxiety and depression
- Treatment of cold symptoms
- Reduce menstrual pain
- Reduce inflammation
- May help reduce stress which can impact your weight
Mint is an aromatic plant in Mentha genus from the Lamiaceae family, having about 13 to 24 species including peppermint and spearmint. Mint tea can be made with either fresh mint leaves or dry mint leaves, infused in hot water or cold water. This aromatic drink can be taking hot or cold to benefit from the loaded nutritional values.
Benefits of Mint Tea
- Relieves stress and anxiety, promotes restful sleep
- Clears sinuses and relieves sore throat
- Natural appetite suppressant, prevent bloating and gas
- Balances hormones, help with clear skin, and soothes burns, rashes
- Freshens breath
- Aids in weight loss
Thyme is a member of the genus Thymus of aromatic evergreen herbs in the mint family Lamiaceae. Thyme is not only applicable as a spice in culinary sector but can also be taking as beverage to yield its amazing health benefits.
Benefits of Thyme Tea
- Ease tension headache and stimulate memory
- Effectively treats cold, fights off bacteria and fungi
- Strong anti-inflammatory, heart healthy, improves bone and skin health
- Help boost mood
Lemon Verbena Tea
Lemon Verbena is an aromatic flowering plant from the verbena family Verbenaceae, it has a bright slightly sweet lemon flavor. This refreshing herbal tea is made with fresh lemon verbena and mint leaves. It can be enjoyed hot or over the ice.
Benefits of Lemon Verbena Tea
- Aid weight loss
- Soothes stomach cramp
- Aids digestion
- Distresses and strengthen the nervous system
- Breaks down cellulite
Nettle leaf also called stinging nettle is a herbaceous perennial flowering plant in the family Urticaceae. Nettle tea is an herbal tea made from the leaves and roots of the stinging nettle; they provide a wide variety of nutrients.
Benefits of Nettle Tea
- Good sources of iron, calcium, reduces leg cramps
- Strengthen urinary system, counters arthritis, rheumatism
- Decreases blood sugar, lowers blood pressure
- Heal stomach lining
- Fight cancer
- Fight infections
Ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root is widely used as spice and as folk medicine. This popular medicinal root contains Gingerol, a substance with powerful medicinal properties.
Benefits of Ginger Tea
- Reduces inflammation, relieves stress and tension
- Relieves nausea, improves digestion and blood circulation
- Strengthen immunity, relieves congestion, clear sinus.
Hibiscus is a genus flowering plant in the mallow family, Malvaceae. Rosemallows or hibiscus flower is used in making hibiscus tea, infused with medicinal properties, can be served hot or cold. It sometimes called sour tea because of its sour taste.
Benefits of Hibiscus Tea
- Lowers blood pressure
- Packed with antioxidant
- Prevent cancer
- Controls cholesterol level
- Promote weight loss
Cinnamon is a spice obtained from the inner bark of several tree species from the genus Cinnamonum. Is an aromatic condiment and flavoring additive in variety of cuisines, tea and traditional foods. Starting your day with glass of cinnamon drink improves your health in unimaginable proportions.
Benefits of Cinnamon Tea
- Regulates blood sugar level
- Help in correction of digestion problem
- Reduce and combat the proliferation of cancer cells in the body
- Improve blood circulation
- Aids in weight loss
- Prevent heart disease and improve colon function.
- Consume moderately: the herbal tea you are taking is assume to be gently and mild and can be toxic when taking in high doses.
- If on any medication, talk to your physician before taking any herbal tea, you don’t know the interaction of herbal tea and common over-the-counter or prescription drugs may produce.